Thursday, March 27, 2014

March Class Projects


I'm finally taking some time for ME today since it is a State of Hawaii holiday - Kuhio Day.  I'm spending it at home trying to catch up on some things that I really needed to do but have no time otherwise!  I'm also taking a day off tomorrow to continue to finish up on my to do list and getting more "ME time" in...getting my nails done, much needed!!  Okay, here are the class projects we did this month.  I ran out of my own ideas and had such a difficult time finalizing the projects.  My fix was to get inspired on Pinterest.  Here, I found some awesome ideas, including this cute, cute, cute triangle chick.  This idea came from the very talented Julie Davidson - please check out her blog and give her some love...you can check Julie out HERE  Thank you Julie for the inspiration.
 side view of the chick...
For this next project, I used the envelope punch board and I wanted to make something that could hold a regular size candy bar (a flat candy bar).  I viewed a lot of projects online for smaller candies, but I really wanted something larger so this is what I came up with.  The finished size not including the ears is 6 1/4".  Since this bunny was large, I used the gift bow bigz sizzix die that was featured in our holiday catalog (sorry, catalog expired already).  I thought this bunny turned out pretty cute.
I was inspired again on Pinterest to make a chick basket...here is my take on the basket.  I used our fancy favor die (and I didn't even realize that this die is now retired...(what?!?!)  One of my favorite dies!!! 
Found this idea to make carrots on Pinterest as well...this idea came all the way from Australia by Tanya Bell.  You can search for this project called Carrot Eggs.  Super easy to make - using the 2 3/8" scallop circle punch and the fringe scissors to make the greens.  I held them together using glue dots.  I even put a glue dot behind the chocolate egg so they don't fall out.
This next project uses the Framelit Envelope Liner die.  Idea CASED from Christine Miller of www.mystamplady.com.  Find Chris on YouTube to watch how to make this project!

Using the fancy favor die again, I made a bunny basket.  Thought it came out pretty cute and easy to assemble too!
 This last project was made using the Sweet Treat ups.   Fun and easy to make!
Hope you liked seeing my March Easter class projects.  Thanks so much for looking at my blog today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment